Mexican Beef N Vegetable Skillet
Yields 4 Servings
- 1 tbsp. Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Cut into Strips, Seed and Stems Removed
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper, Cut into Strips, Seed and Stems Removed
- 1 lb. Certified Angus Beef ground beef
- 1 cup. white rice
- 1 28-oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 15-oz. can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup. Fresh Sweet Corn Kernels Stripped from ears
- 1 10-oz. can Rotel
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
- 2 cup. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup. shredded cheddar and Monterey jack
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
Add onion and Peppers cook 2 minutes, then add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, 6 minutes, breaking up with a wooden spoon as it browns. Drain fat.
Move beef to one side of skillet and add white rice to other side.
Cook 2 minutes, then add fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans, corn, green chilies, cumin and chili powder.
Season with salt and stir to combine, then pour over chicken broth.
Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook 20 minutes.
Top with cheddar and Monterey Jack and cover to let melt, 2 to 3 minutes.
Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Recipes | August 17th, 2020