Stuffed Grilled Pork Chops
- 4 double thick loin end pork chops
- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 2 cups cider vinegar, heated
1 pound ice cubes
- 1 1/2 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 1/2 lb pork sausage (smoked if you like)
- 1/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cherries, halved (dried if you wish)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg
In a plastic container put the salt, sugar, peppercorns, and mustard powder. Add the hot vinegar and swirl to dissolve. Let mixture sit for 5 to 10 minutes to develop flavor. Add ice cubes and shake to melt most of the ice. Add pork loin chops and cover with brine. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Remove chops from container and rinse. Cut horizontal pockets in each pork chop for stuffing. Combine rest of ingredients in bowl; (you may wish to put into piping bag that is not fitted with a tip). Fill each chop full with cornbread mixture. Grill the chops on medium high heat for 6 minutes on each side. Turn each chop 45 degrees after 3 minutes to mark. If necessary, finish on cool side of grill or pit. Cook to internal temperature of 155 F.
Tomatoes with Olive Oil and Herbs
- 3 ripe Southern grown tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs (oregano, flat parsley, thyme, basil)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
1. Slice tomatoes crosswise and arrange on two small individual plates.
2. Sprinkle with herbs and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Add pepper and serve.Recipes | June 10th, 2010