Recipe of the Week 9/22Posted on September 23rd, 2010 by host
Mama’s Miracle Whip Pork Chop With Apple Fan
1 twelve to fourteen ounce bone-in, double-cut, rib pork chop, frenched
1 teaspoon Miss Ruth’s Lemon Pepper dry seasoning blend
Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
8 ounces Miracle Whip (mayonnaise may be substituted by adding a bit of vinegar)
1 cup plain dry white panko bread crumbs
2 green Granny Smith tart apples
8 ounces unsalted butter
1 lb. ounces whole wheat flour
4 ounces Fisher & Weiser Mild Green Jalapeno Jelly
1 can Pam non-stick cooking spray.
1 bunch fresh mint leaves
1 teaspoon Miss Ruth’s All Natural dry seasoning blend
1. Preheat oven to 375*F.
2. Season pork chop with Miss Ruth’s All Natural dry seasoning blend, Kosher salt, fresh ground pepper to taste.
3. Place a square of wax paper on the work surface area to avoid sticking.
4. Coat pork chop with Miracle Whip and bread crumbs on one side, using a flexible pastry knife (or spatula).
5. Then turn over and repeat on the other side.
6. Spray an aluminum-foil-protected sheet pan with non-stick Pam cooking spray.
7. Place pork chop in the 375*F oven on the aluminum-foil-protected sheet pan (to avoid sticking).
8. Cook approximately twenty five minutes, or to an internal temperature of 150 *F; let rest in a 160*F oven.
9. Core and slice green apples approximately 1/4 inch thick, leaving skin on.
10. Heat an uncoated saute pan; add half of the butter; heat until light brown.
11. Dredge apple slices in whole wheat flour; shake off excess.
12. Saute apple slices on one side in brown butter; remove and pat dry with paper towel.
13. Heat 4 ounces of Fisher & Weiser Mild Green Jalapeno Jelly in a sauce pot on a lowheat.
14. Place 2 ounces of heated Fisher & Weiser Mild Green Jalapeno Jelly in the middle of a large dinner plate.
15. Fan out apple slices 180* around outside of the plate.
16. Place pork chop in center of plate.
17. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.