The Art of Drummies – Grilling Chicken Drumsticks
Super easy, never fails, grilled drumsticks for the whole family. Just wash, dry, spice and cook over medium high heat. Then you will have crispy goodness for all. .
Recipes | May 2nd, 2013
- 6 Chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbs. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- You must wash the drumsticks under running water and pat dry if you want crispy skin. Trim of excess skin and any loose bones/tissue especially in the joint area.
- Now preheat grill to get a surface temp of about 450. That is medium high on a standard gas grill and medium on a hot gas grill. Clean and oil.
- Mix spices. 1 T kosher salt, 1 t pepper and garlic powder and 1/2 t cayenne pepper. You may want to skip the cayenne if cooking for little ones.
- Sprinkle chicken on all sides. Let rest at room temperature until grill is ready.
- Check grill temp if possible and place chicken on grill.
- Flip every 7-8 minutes until internal temp of 190 degrees. About 30-35 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving. They are way too hot anyways.
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 6 drumsticks